Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shows and such

I have several pieces out and about right now. This one will be seen in the "Deep Spaces" show curated by Larkin Van Horn. I just saw photos of the rest of the pieces for this show this morning and it is spectacular! I am so pleased to be part of it.

Deep in the Forest 18" x 45"
Here are the dates and locations for this show:

September 5 to November 6, 2011
Latimer Quilt and Textile Center
2105 Wilson River Loop Road - Tillamook, Oregon
http://latimerquiltandtextile.com/
Opening Reception: Sept. 11, 2011,  Noon to 4:00 pm
28 textile art and 8 special 3D pieces

January 10 to March 12, 2012
Sam Houston University Museum
19th St and Avenue N, Huntsville, Texas
http://www.shsu.edu/~smm_www/GenInfo/
Opening Reception:  January 19, 2012, 5:30 to 7:30 pm

March 28 to June 24, 2012
LaConner Quilt and Textile Museum
700 Second Street, La Conner, Washington
http://www.laconnerquilts.com/
Opening Reception:  March 31, 2012, 2:00 to 4:00 pm

This is my piece for the new High Fiber Diet Show. It is currently at the Singer Hill Cafe in Oregon City. Other venues will be announced on the HFD Blog.

When it Rains I Make Make My Own Sunshine
This piece is sold already, but I think the new owner is going to leave it in the show until it finishes.

I will also have two pieces at the APWQ Show in Tacoma this weekend, in the special Columbia FiberArts Guild exhibit.

BaƱos
Mt. Hood from the Air

Our STASH group is leaving tomorrow morning and taking the train to Tacoma for the APWQ show. It has always, in the past, been held in Seattle. Since I so love Seattle, I am a little disappointed in that change, but I think there were financial reasons for the move. We always have a good time and I'm sure this will be no exception.

6 comments:

  1. I really like "When It Rains". It should be the mantra for Portland and Seattle. Have fun in Tacoma! Have you gone to the glass museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could make it to all the shows and see your wonderful work in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Tacoma is no Seattle for sure, but I think you'll enjoy it. The Convention Center is a very nice place (been to several conventions there) and you can hop on the light rail and be at the Chihuly Museum in 5 minutes. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:21 AM

    You will have great fun on your trip to the APWQ show. I'm hoping you will tell us all about it. I love the pieces you are showing in ALL the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have just seen the catalog for "Deep Spaces" and the work is phenomenal. I feel humble to part of such a creative group of artists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the Deep Forest. Makes me imagine a Christmas tree created with your technique. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete