Sunday, August 04, 2013

Like potato chips...

You can't stop with just one. These are small, but intense. Most in the 8" - 10" range.


Hand stitching, little beach rock, beads.

Hand stitching, metal beads. There might be too much going on here.


Machine stitching, ivory donut bead, bone beads.

Hand stitching, bone beads, metal beads, glass beads.

Hand stitching, metal washers rusted and patina-ed, glass beads

Machine stitching, bleached fabrics, brass washer, glass beads.

I am loving the process here. I like that they are getting simpler as I go along. I kept trying to add more beads to the last one, but it kept saying "stop" already.

8 comments:

  1. Terry, I just love these!!! They are like potato chips. I kept scrolling down and each one made me go "oh"! I really like the second one. It looks kind of like a Goldsworthy "nest". I think the lighter circle inside really adds to the depth of the nest. I have a feeling that you are having fun making these and having fun is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! (For me, there is never "too much" going on). I keep trying to work smaller but fail miserably at the "small" part. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these....isn't it wonderful to feel free just to do whatever whim or muse suggests?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peg Howard6:17 AM

    loving them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm....left a comment but apparently lost it. Anyway, I really like all of these and think you are "saying" a lot in a small space. #2 is my favorite and I'm wondering if I'm seeing things correctly. Are there in fact 2 fabrics layered where the "hole" is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are on to something really fine here. And your judgment about the one with "too much going on" matches my thought. I really liked the ivory donut bead piece.

    Of course, it helps that these fit onto my big flat screen so nicely. I can see them so well. I wonder how they will translate when I see them in reality.

    And you seem to be working fast, which astounds me! The more I look at them, the more subtleties I catch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say I didn't mind the "too much" one because I really like the 3-D look it has, but then I got to teh green one and I really, really like that one. I'm going to steal that dimensional idea though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete