Thursday, December 03, 2015

Well that was fun!

Another experiment. "Enough," I said, "with that wimpy oh-so-subtle acrylic medium." And I dug out the black paint. I picked a nice earthy orange and started outlining some sinuous lines and circles, or as I came to see them, vines and berries, or seaweed and bubbles, or....? When the paint had dried I painted some Decolourant inside the shapes, let it do its bleachy thing under the heat gun and washed it out. Once dry I added a little color to the bleached areas. Then it seemed to need something more, so I dotted black paint, using my metal tipped squeeze bottle.

 

I kind of like that you don't get a smooth paint line with the squeeze bottle. The blobbiness of that paint line appeals to me.

 

3 comments:

  1. Looks very much like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick up some Soft Scrub with Bleach and try it on your fabric. Works very similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! Looks like seaweed on Venus. :-)

    ReplyDelete